Wednesday, June 4, 2014

oct-nov: into the laboratory (16 nov 13)

Ok, so there’s video.  I’m uploading a 6-minute section which includes some shots of early rehearsals, along with the most productive and interesting de-briefing we’ve had so far.
The bulk of my time is in this project, in the studio, making this new work.  It goes up in a couple short weeks, so I’m thinking that the next blog here will be a lot like this one: not much to say in terms of new writing, but lots of work in the laboratory.
The collaborative process here has been very smooth, the staging has been easy and exciting.  There are some issues with altering work schedules, and a very loud and affectionate puppy (who is really large and has sharp claws and teeth).  Sometimes I cage the dog (they say that dogs like it, so far they are not correct), and schedules are getting more regular as we get closer to opening.  Either way, I’ve decided to make dog sounds a part of the mediation practice, and if someone comes in late while we’re lying on the floor getting trance-y, it’s not very disruptive.
I’ve been worrying about that for awhile, how disruptions might get in the way.  Except.  I’m working on defining a ritual consciousness, one that takes in the circumstances of the surroundings, while being able to focus on ritual and intensity of experience, and so.  Such disruptions are, I think, rather fortunate circumstances, because they are helping me to test my theories.
So far, so good.
In other news, Death still hurts, Love still rules, and everything is ok.
:) Happy happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment