Wednesday, June 4, 2014

march-april: this is not here (16 apr 14)

This update is preoccupied with the things this update is writing about.
There is the work, the written work: oh this has already been written about, however, in the last 2 posts.  But.  To summarize, or rather, highlight:
I am reading two new books, The Claude Glass (history of the Black Mirror) and Phantasmagoria.  The latter is interestingly laid out, a structure for looking at the ‘more things in heaven and earth’  (wax, ether, air, etc.); the former seems to have a link for my methods, where the black mirror is something that catches the gaze (not in JL’s sense of gaze, to be clear), and the act of looking is power, so to take it away from someone is agency and authority and all those things.  I’ll write more on that later, I’m sure.
I have some new methods for collecting subjectivities (in a jar, haha), and my favorite one, the one I’m looking forward to, is interviewing analyst-style, not face to face.  Looking forward to seeing what I find, and next Sunday I start rehearsals for project #3.  Oh this is a busy month, mm hm.  But I know it’s been rough for you, too.
Next, dropping the idea of a glossary for the lit review, almost altogether but not quite, almost dropping Cortazar but not quite, and instead taking the form of a play, a dialogue between directors in a play, so that the discourses can argue amongst themselves, so that there is a fluidity and elasticity between them.
I finished draft 2 of the RDC2 report, and am in the middle (beginning of the middle, say, like on the early end of a beat) of writing draft 2 of the lit review.  Oh, this, these things, all with a very very big debt, I had a lot of help, a very big debt to my advisors.  Yes, very much.
Oh, and I have plane tickets to Europe.  This is all happening too soon, but exactly soon enough too.
xo
c

No comments:

Post a Comment